Monday, August 6, 2012

Now I'm Doing It Too...

I recently read a post on Write On Edge about finding a multitude of other things to do pretty much in an effort to avoid actually writing anything.  Everything was rationalized so nice and neat.  I thought to myself that I could relate to that, but I've been doing better at not doing so as of late.

WRONG!!

I have been realizing over the last week or so that I have been finding excuse after excuse to avoid picking up a project.  I'm about half to three quarters done.  I know the ending.  I just need to get the story from where it is now to that ending.  And I haven't.

I've been writing other prompts, adding labels to old posts, changing around the look of my blog a little, playing on Facebook, Trifecta, Write On Edge and other sites, and playing computer games instead.

The saddest part is that I don't know that I really realized I was doing it until the last few days.  So, in an effort to motivate myself to get a COMPLETE draft of this story done, I am setting a new goal.  I want to have that full length draft done by the end of my maternity leave.  Unless things are way slower than expected, I should be out soon and that gives me 6 weeks.  I don't care if the draft is so horrible I'd rather hide it than look at it again.  I know I need to finish this draft.

I will try to occasionally update ya'll on how that's going so I know someone else out there is aware and watching to see if I make it.  If I forget, please feel free to ask!  My new About Me page has my contact information on it (see that procrastination is coming in good for something!).

No comments:

Post a Comment