Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swimming Pools and Grad School, Oh My!

I had every intention of coming up with some brilliant response to Write at the Merge’s prompt this week.  Instead, all I could come up with was basically the scene out of the beginning of The Avengers where Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a Scarlett Johansson, was conducting her interrogation while tied to a chair.  I didn’t figure ripping that scene off would constitute a brilliant blog post.  Then I got distracted playing with my son in his swimming pool at my mom’s house.  What can I say, cute baby in the water on a 90+ degree day – how can it get any better than that?

So, instead you’re getting a little more of my ramblings instead.  Besides, my brain is fried from reading a ton of responses to a discussion question for grad school.  It amazes me how poorly some of these people in grad school write, at least for these posts.  Some of them have basically copied straight out of the textbook with no original thought.  Others have written such short posts it makes me wonder if they even understood what they wrote.  I’m not trying to imply that I have these uber-intelligent posts and am blowing people away with them.  But, I mean, come on people!  Show some effort and some smattering of independent intelligent thought!  It is a master’s program, not undergrad.


Okay.  I’m off my soapbox.  For now.  We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment