Sunday, December 1, 2013

Random Sunday – Long Weekends, Dishes, and Grad School

I love long weekends.  Who doesn't?  There are two issues I have with long weekends, though.  First, I never seem to get as much done with them as I want.  I don’t know what happens.  I even try to make lists so I’m not overwhelming myself with stuff.  It still doesn't work.  The other issue I have is that I’m never ready for them to be over.  I always want another day or two.  Regular weekends don’t seem to do that to me as badly.  Not sure what the deal with that is.

Remember a while ago when I commented on how much laundry I do every week?  Remember how I was convinced that there was some kind of conspiracy about how much there is even though there are only 3 of us I’m doing laundry for?  Well, whatever is going on with that is contagious.  It’s spread to the dishes.  I currently have the second load in the dishwasher and the sink is still full.  That’s what I get for trying to get my hubby to do the dishes.

At this point I’m starting to seriously doubt my decision to go to grad school.  I know it’s a good thing, and I will be better off in the long run for it.  But, this is killing me right now.  Maybe it’s just the class I’m in.  I don’t know.  The current class is brutal.  All of psychological testing in 10 weeks – including a few weeks spent on things like reliability and validity.  Too much to cram in over 10 weeks if you ask me.  Too bad they didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment