Monday, April 4, 2016

Random Sunday: Allergies, Warranties, and Politics

I know.  I know.  I'm late again.  At least I got Random Sunday up again.  Actually, it really was written yesterday.  I fell asleep trying to get my three-year-old to bed last night and didn't feel like posting it when I woke up to realize I'd fallen asleep at 11:45 pm.  Anyways, here's this week's Random Sunday.

I have yet another reason to hate allergies.  I’m talking the seasonal kind in this particular context.  You know.  The ones that make you sneeze and snot and eyes water at random times during the year depending on what particular plant is pollinating at that moment.  My poor three-year-old is really struggling with them right now.  I’m kinda wondering if they’ve turned into a respiratory infection on him.  And, being three, there is a very limited selection of options to treat his allergies.  As in almost nothing.  The poor kid is literally losing sleep over it.  Thankfully he has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and hopefully things will get better.  Yeah.  I hate allergies.

What’s with jewelry companies?  I took my locket that my husband gave me for my birthday eight months ago in because it wouldn’t stay shut.  They proceeded to tell me that the diamond is covered under a lifetime warrantee, but the locket itself is not.  Therefore, I will have to pay to have it fixed.  Now, please keep in mind that the diamond in this locket is no bigger than a pinhead.  Literally.  It’s so small that my sister didn’t realize there was a diamond in the locket when I first showed it to her.  Now, how silly is that warrantee policy?  My husband would have had to purchase an additional warrantee in order to have had the locket itself covered.  Silly, I tell you.  Silly.

I’ve been watching some of the stuff going on with the current presidential campaigns recently and I’ve come to a conclusion that I came to years ago.  Not much has changed.  I hate politics.  Not just the presidential campaigns and such.  It’s the stuff that creates the divisiveness in churches, in the movements for different groups’ civil rights, the stuff creating chaos in the school systems, and the general fractious and fractured state of our world.  It makes me wonder.  What will it take for us to finally recognize we are all way more alike than we are different?  And when will we start acting that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment