Friday, October 28, 2011

Braver Yet

You may have noticed some changes to my blog.  I took down some older stuff in order to make way for new.  Namely a project I am undertaking for the first time ever.  I am attempting to participate in NaNoWriMo.  The "simple" version is this: write 50,000 words on a story between November 1 and November 30.  It averages out to about 1667 words per day.  I am nervous about this.  My goal is to have a complete story by the end.  Why?  Because, typically, I suck at ending stories.  I don't think I've written an ending to a story since I wrote a (really bad) short story in college almost 10 years ago.  So, there will most likely be updates along the way about how it's going.

Oh yeah, as if this wasn't tough enough.  I'll be doing it with only 8 of my 10 fingers typing.  Again, why?  Because I managed to screw up my hand somewhat recently.  Now I am wearing a brace that immobilizes the index and middle fingers on my right hand from just below my fingertips and goes down past my wrist.  Hopefully I'll have good news soon and be back to typing with no issues!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment