Thursday, September 20, 2012

Greetings, Fellow Trifectans

    I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with the Trifecta prompts, which was why I didn't link up right away.  Then I decided, to heck with it.  I should put something up anyways.  So, here's my answers to your questions.  Any other questions, let me know and I will at least consider answering them - depending on what they are of course!

What is your name (real or otherwise)? I started writing under the name Wisper. This was because I occasionally use things I've seen from work in my writing. And, because I work in the behavioral health field, confidentiality is a big thing. But, since I've also learned to be careful about the details I share when I use things from work, I've also started to use my real name occasionally - Stacy - but mostly I go by Wisper.
 
Describe your writing style in three words. Verbose, people-oriented, varied.
 
How long have you been writing online? This is my first blog - I started it in the beginning of 2011 as a way to force myself to continue to write more.
 
Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? Right now the only other writing challenge I participate in is Write On Edge's prompts. I attempted to start one on my blog but it didn't work out. Maybe I'll revisit it later...
 
Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. Learning not to be quite so verbose. Then short stories may become a format I could actually use!
 
What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Write what you know. This was not said in the literal sense. It referred to the universal understanding of people and their relationships with one another.
 
Who is your favorite author? Do I have to pick just one? I have a ton of authors I love. I would say I could narrow it down to Anne McCaffery, Steven Brust, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Anne Bishop. All for different reasons. If you ask me next week this answer will probably be different.
 
How do you make time to write? Right now - I tend to compose things, at least somewhat, in my head as I'm feeding my son (who is currently 5 weeks old) and write for a short bit after putting him down. Otherwise, I usually have at least a pen and paper with me so I can scribble down things that strike me whenever I have a quiet moment.
 
Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition. One good word would be 'vamp'...hmm, I'm not sure about others...
 
Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading. Here's one I wrote recently that many commenters have expressed an interest in seeing more - http://thisisnothitchhikersguide.blogspot.com/2012/08/phoenix.html

No comments:

Post a Comment