Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sick As A Dog

No - it's not what you think.  It's the prompt for a new writing prompt I'm trying.  Over at Notebook Sisters they have a prompt called Stream of Consciousness.  Basically you get a prompt and then you write for 5 minutes.  No editing or anything.  I thought I'd give it a try.  So, here goes 5 minutes with the prompt "sick as a dog".




Sick as a dog.  What does that mean anyways?  Dogs aren't sick.  They don't typically show it either.  So where did it come from.  Speaking of sick, my little man is sick and he's only 6 weeks old!  Actually it's not that bad.  He's got thrush.  Which sucks because it makes him cranky and I get him at nights.  Kinda makes me feel like a single parent some times.  Don't get me wrong, my hubby is wonderful at helping with him.  However, the earliest he gets off work is 3:00 AM.  Which leaves me with my little man most of the night on my own.  My hat goes off to all those single moms out there.  I have know idea how you do it.  Work.  I have to go back to work in 2 weeks.  I really don't want to.  I'm finally settling into a comfortable routine with my little man and there's so much more I wanted to do while I was off.  It just took us a while to get into a routine that allowed me to do any of it.  Now two weeks isn't enough time to get it done.  Besides, I love having my little man.  I love spending time with him.  I don't love the dirty diapers I tend to end up changing more frequently than my hubby.  I wonder how he does that - my hubby I mean.  It doesn't seem fair that he avoids those stinky ones.  And trust me, my little man can produce some REALLY stinky diapers.  On a totally different note, I do have to remember to get my next blog post done soon.  Write on Edge has a prompt about writing goals.  I'm still hoping to reach one of mine soon.


Now you've gotten a 5 minute glimpse into what goes on in my mind some days.  And this maybe a little better than some days!

2 comments:

  1. Hay! Thanks for linkingUP with us! :) Aw, so sad though, I hope your little man gets better soon. 6 weeks old! Eek, how cute!! But if there's one thing I definitely enjoy about being an aunt, is you get to hand back the babies when they've filled their pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is adorable - but I am rather prejudiced where he's concerned. And he seem's to be doing better now that he's been on some meds for it. Thanks!

      Delete