On that note, I loved Trifecta's prompt this week:
This week we want you to write on the third definition of:
1: to remain alive after the death of <he is survived by his wife>
2: to continue to exist or live after <survived the earthquake>
3: to continue to function or prosper despite : withstand <they survived many hardships>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone!! Please join us.
Here's my response. Please enjoy and then check out some of the other wonderful responses here.
I glanced around for any sign of pursuit. The busy bookstore was a great place to try to spot who was tailing me this time. A sign on the shelf in front of me caught my attention.
I gave a silent laugh at the irony. I had significant doubts that there among the books on how to cope with a divorce, parenting or new relationships would be a book on how to survive a concentrated covert government attempt to erase every trace you ever existed.
That was when I spotted the bald man. He’d followed me before. I knew this time I’d have to do something more drastic. I let him see me as I left the store. As I figured, he followed me out. That was his mistake.