Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The State of Me Address

Okay, so it isn't going to be anything as formal as the State of the Union address, but I thought I'd try to catch everyone up on what I've been doing (and yes, I know the State of the Union address isn't happening currently but the whole idea of playing off the Inauguration seemed a bit conceited to me).

I think the biggest thing is that my son just turned 5 months old.  He's proving to remain a handful.  He doesn't think he needs nap time, he tries to take his spoon to feed himself and if it isn't what he wants, he isn't shy about letting me know that, too.  And forget about crawling.  He's much more interested in standing.  My mother wished a child just like me on me.  I think she got her wish.  The part I laugh at is she helps provide daycare for him so I don't think her revenge is working out quite as well as she hoped.

I still work with my teenagers and, while I really enjoy working with them, they have been enough to drive me up the wall lately.  My heart always breaks for them.  They've seen such rough and difficult things, things no kid should ever have to deal with.  The ones that make it through all of the bull with a great sense of humor and end up doing well make it worth it.

NaNoWriMo 2012 was a total bust.  I think I got about 3000 words of the 50000 goal written.  But, my son turned 3 months old then, I'd just gone back to work not long before and the holidays, yes I'm counting Christmas in there, happened instead.  But, I kept the ideas and plan on revisiting them.  Hopefully soon.

And, to me, the biggest accomplishment so far is that I've officially been blogging here for 2 years.  More people are stopping by (at least as far as I can tell they are - and if that's not true, please don't burst my bubble, just let me pretend...) and I'm still here!

Anyways, that's about where things are at.  Hopefully I can keep the routine T and I are on going and I'll be able to get a few more posts up more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment