Thursday, August 22, 2013

Into the Unknown

With Trifecta's prompt, I'm revisiting a series I haven't looked at for almost a year - even though I apparently just missed the link up by about an hour.  Oh well.  So, forgive me if it's a bit rough.  Follow the link at the top for Weather Riders to get the first two parts to the story.  Any concrit you have is always welcome and thanks for stopping by!


I took a deep breath and inched backwards, praying he wouldn't notice.  No such luck.

“Look I’m not going to hurt you.  I just need to follow that storm.  That’s all.”

The cautiousness with which he tried to convince me to help him just ratcheted up the klaxons in my head.  It’d been so long since I’d been around another Weather Rider that I still wasn't sure if this was just a reaction to being near one, and a hot one at that, or if there was something more.  Truth be told, I hadn't had all that much training to be a Weather Rider either.

“Never mind.  I’ll find my own way.”

As he turned to leave I caught a glimpse of his brand.  The white scar tissue inched up from the collar of his t-shirt, standing out even clearer where it hit the edge of his hair.

“Wait.”

He stopped but didn't turn.

“I can help you.”

I let the my shirt ride up a bit to reveal part of my own brand.  I hadn't seen enough to tell what kind of Weather Rider he was, but I knew his scar wasn't the same as mine.

He opened a bag hanging off the back of his bike and pulled out a sleek black helmet and tossed it at me.

“Come on, then.  Let’s go for a ride.”


2 comments: