Sunday, August 25, 2013

Random Sunday – Spray n Wash, Grandpas and Acorns

Hmm.  Today’s Random Sunday seems rather random, even to me.  Not sure if that’s a bad sign or not.  Oh well.  Here goes.

Sundays are typically my chore day.  I don’t get much time the rest of the week to get household chores done, so they end up on Sundays.  Well, this Sunday I was doing laundry.  I got to my son’s laundry and found the onsie he was wearing from last Sunday’s chocolate chip pancake episode.  I’d forgotten to try to wash the chocolate out before it went in his clothes hamper.  Taking my mother-in-law’s advice I’d gone out and bought some Spray n Wash a week or two ago.   So, I pulled said Spray n Wash out and doused his chocolate stains with it.  I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with the stuff.  It took that dried in chocolate right out without leaving a trace.

I have to say, I’m pretty floored by my dad some days.  Watching him with my son is pretty funny.  Growing up I always had this impression of my dad as this strict, no nonsense, Marine Corps Sergeant (which he was).  Until I had my son.  I can’t believe the things my son gets away with when he’s with Grandpa.  Today, my dad let my son crawl up and down the aisle and the pew at church during the service.  He carries my son whenever we go somewhere together.  My son gets to play with his iPad – including chewing on it.  Grandpa just wipes the baby drool off every once in a while.  I think my son has Grandpa pretty firmly wrapped around his gooey little fingers.


And holy cow for the acorns this year!  I think, thankfully, they are all out of the trees.  See, I have 2 great big oak trees that cover most of my house.  And this is the time of year the acorns are ripe and start coming down.  It’s almost sounded like hail on the roof at times for the acorns.  I can’t walk anywhere barefoot outside right now because it hurts too much to step on the acorns.  Now that the worst are out of the trees, maybe I can get them swept up and they won’t be quite so annoying.  Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment