Monday, August 12, 2013

Understanding Begins

Here's my response to this week's Don't Panic Picture Prompt, where's yours?


I sensed that there was something more she wanted me to understand.  I replayed the conversation through my mind several times as we sat by the pond in a comfortable silence.  She was nothing but patience in every line of her body.

I think she knew before I did that I’d figured out what she wanted me to see.  Her face lit up a little and she smiled.  That smile made me want to do anything she asked.

“You’re Her.  You care so much about the balance of life because it is, quite literally, your life,” I struggled to explain what I knew in my heart to be true.

“Yes, child.  There are so very few druids left.  Even fewer who know what it means to be born a druid.”

The sense of incredibility almost drowned me.  I was talking to Mother Earth in the most real and literal sense possible.

“What do you want of me?”

“Listen to Kris and James.  They are good men.  They will guide you into your powers.  Just as all other living things depend on each other for survival, you and they must rely on each other as well.  Together you are so much stronger than alone.”


I didn’t know what happened next.  She was there talking to me and then she was gone.  In her absence, I felt eyes watching me.  I turned to see the faint glow of yellow wolf’s eyes in the shadows of the trees.


In case you've missed any part of this serial, follow the One Night in Dusseldorf link above and it will take you to the rest of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment