Monday, October 21, 2013

Book Review – Beastly by Alex Flinn

This week is another book by Alex Flinn – Beastly.  After reading Bewitching, I was intrigued enough to try one more of Flinn’s books.  Once again, she takes a fairy tale and retells it in modern terms.  This one was turned into a film in 2011.

I have to say that I found the same issues in this book as I did Bewitching.  Beauty and the Beast themes were there.  Kendra was absent for most of the book, which I found to be okay for the most part.  The characters were good, nothing special, but not completely flat either.  I think that most of the problem I had was that the book was predictable in more than just the Beauty and the Beast theme.

I would say that this is one to add to a guilty pleasures list for a quick, fun read.  But, don’t have high expectations for it.  Maybe it’s better from the eyes of a teenager, but I gave it 3 of 5 stars.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your commentaries on books-often I will hear of them and at least know a little about them, even if I don't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started them as a way to break up some of what I wrote. I am happy to hear they are enjoyable as well.

      Delete