Sunday, October 20, 2013

Random Sunday – Carrots, Cookies, and Christmas

I didn't intentionally plan this week’s Random Sunday to be all Cs.  It is random.  Just funny how that worked.  Anyways, my grandparents plant this huge garden every year.  And every year there is ten times more produce then what they can use.  I’m not exaggerating.  This year I was given about fifteen pounds of carrots.  My mom and my brother each got that many carrots.  My great aunt and uncle and some shirt-tail cousin got that many carrots.  My grandparents kept at least that many carrots.  I spent the afternoon chopping carrots.  Thankfully all I had to do was peel them.  Then they went in the food processor to be chopped.  Much faster.

My son makes me laugh for many reasons.  Tonight wasn't really any different than other nights, but I still had to laugh at him.  He ate his supper very nicely.  He ate quite a bit of supper considering he’s 14 months old.  When he got to the point of not wanting to eat anymore, my hubby let him down from the high chair.  Then my hubby got a chocolate chip cookie.  My son had to have some.  He ate close to half of the cookie.  I just laugh because no matter how full he is, my son will always have room for some cookie.  He doesn't really go after too many other sweets, just cookies.

I hate to be one of the crowd that starts this, but I will anyways.  Christmas is coming.  It will be here sooner than expected.  I’m particularly sensitive to this fact this year because I am trying to make many of my Christmas gifts.  I am happy to report that the first gift is almost done.  Now I only have about a dozen or so more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment