Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Random Sunday – Sleeping, Drafted, and Heart Surgery

I know.  It’s not Sunday.  It’s Tuesday.  But, Random Sunday got delayed a little.  The big reason is that my father-in-law had to have heart surgery just over a week ago.  The surgery went well and he is doing just fine.  Between that, though, and a major project due for school, Random Sunday got delayed a little.

I've been drafted.  Not literally as in drafted into the military.  But, I got conned into doing a work presentation.  I will be speaking in front of about 300 people on Thursday night.  Several major news outlets may be there as well.  I am not impressed.  Not because I don’t like speaking in front of people, though 300 does make me a bit nervous.  I just don’t like being the center of attention like that.

I had a random observation late last week.  I was watching my one year old sleep for a moment or two because he’d squeaked a little and I wanted to make sure he was staying asleep.  Then it struck me.  How on this green earth could he be comfortable sleeping the way he was.  And he had to be because he’s slept like this many, many times before.  He’s on his tummy, his legs and arms curled up in the fetal position under him, his head cocked to one side and his little butt up in the air.  I just don’t get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment