Sunday, January 26, 2014

Random Sunday – Cold, Laundry, and Chairs

Can I just say that I am really sick of the cold?  I know.  98% of the country is saying the same thing.  But, come on people!  We here in MN have been colder THAN THE SURFACE OF MARS!!!  There is just something wrong with that.  And it needs to change – ASAP.

I had a rather humorous observation regarding laundry today.  My son loves to be in the laundry room with me.  Might have something to do with the fact that it’s where the vacuum is and he has an odd obsession with the vacuum.  But, I figure, while he’s in there with me, he can help as much as a 17 month old can with the laundry.  He’s done it enough times with me now that he knows the basic routine.  Obviously he can’t do it all on his own – he’s a little short for that – but he gets what needs to happen.  My observation was that he is doing better than many of the teenagers I work with regarding how to do laundry.

I offer a piece of advice for you.  Do not get cane backed chairs.  I know they really aren’t in style much anymore and my dining room set is rather old.  But avoid them at all costs anyways.  Every rivet, button, belt, item in back pockets, etc. catches on the cane and tears it to shreds.  I sweep (or should sweep realistically) almost every day because there are little bits of cane all over the floor regularly.  I can’t wait to get rid of the chairs, the cane on the chairs, or maybe both.  Someday.  Until then – I sweep.


2 comments:

  1. What we learn from kids. I have been writing down some of the things my grandkids say, they are so funny! beebee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! They can fix so much with that innocent humor!

      Delete