Friday, January 17, 2014

Realization

I've come to a realization.  I know it's not a profound one, but it is an important one.  I've come to this realization before, but, like many others, I keep forgetting it as I get busier.  My realization is this:

I need to make at least a little time for myself regularly.

If I don't, I start to lose pieces of myself.  And that makes for a miserable me.


You see, and if you're a regular reader you probably have seen, I have been neglecting this blog some again up until the last few days.  That was when I had my realization.  I've found that even in the few days since I started to make a point of writing again, I'm a little more relaxed and I am finding it easier to get my other, required, stuff done.

So, let that be a lesson to you.  Find those things you enjoy.  Set aside a little time each day for them.  The few minutes you take away from "more important things" will benefit those "more important things" so much more than had you spent those few extra minutes on them.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I, too, have become a bit overwhelmed. It i an honor to have so many followers and fun to have so much of a variety to read. Still, I can get so involved that my creativity goes out the window, or my time simply runs out. It is difficult ti know where :the line is", but we must make one. That means forgiving loyal readers and consistent contributors who take that desperately needed break! beebeesworld

      Delete
    2. No kidding! It's that balancing act that is necessary in times like these.

      Delete