Sunday, January 17, 2016

Random Sunday – Crochet, Poo, and Work

Wow.  That particular title combination doesn’t look so good, does it?  Trust me.  It’s not as bad as it seems.  Stick with me.

I am braving a couple new crochet projects.  Well, one is started and the other is on the list.  The one I got started is an afghan for my cousin, who is getting married in March.  It takes a Q hook, which is by far the most ginormous hook I’ve ever used.  And, it uses 3 different skeins of yarn – all at the same time.  So far I think it’s coming out alright.  The second one is for my husband.  It’s amigurumi Star Wars figures.  Basically, think crocheted stuffed animals, only they’re figures from Star Wars.  The original trilogy.  I’ll let you know how those go once I start them.

Poo.  Yes.  Number 2.  It is a big focus around my house this last week.  As in my three-year-old has not gone.  In over a week.  We get little “eggs” in his pull up every day or so, but that’s it.  My husband and I have been debating about whether or not we wanted to try some prune juice with him.  I’m not sure I want to try to convince my son to drink the stuff.  We’re sticking with the white grape juice for now.  And lots of conversations trying to convince a three-year-old to go potty.

Work has been nuts lately.  I work in a boy’s residential treatment program.  We just changed our license so there are several changes to how we do things that are really throwing me off.  I have struggled to write much this last week because I spent quite a bit of time working on work stuff instead or am so burnt out by the time I get home from work I can’t muster the energy to write.  This week will be better, though.  I’ve got several ideas of how to make things better.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment