Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Random Question

Yes - I tend to have quite a few random questions.  But, before I get to this one, I need to put in a disclaimer so, hopefully, I don't offend anyone.

DISCLAIMER:  If you are easily offended by comments that may be straying ever so slightly into the realm of the politically incorrect, you might not want to read this post.  If you don't mind, go ahead, read on.  But, don't say I didn't warn you.

OK, now that that's out of the way, I can get to my random question.  Why would someone label a product that goes into the microwave with the warning "Caution product may be hot"?  If you're putting it in the microwave, wouldn't the natural end to the process be that the product is hot???  I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure THAT out.  I noticed that warning on the cardboard wrappers of my Lean Pockets as I was putting them in the microwave for lunch today.  How sad that they have to print that on there for people.

I know, I know.  This ventures into that realm of no common sense.  Kinda like the lady who put the cup of coffee between her legs, drove off, spilled the coffee, burned herself and sued the place she got it from (and won!) because they didn't warn her it was hot.  Of course, had they not had it that hot, she probably would have complained because it wasn't hot enough.  Where's the common sense!!!

If you couldn't tell, my patience for dumb things like this is a little low at the moment.  But, hopefully, you made it through this post without getting offended at the implications regarding people missing some common sense and saw some of the humor in it as well.  If not, oh well.  It wasn't my intent to be mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment